Oh Cortland.. you continue to surprise me with your quirkiness! Today, I was walking to work which is right next to the child care facility on campus for staff/faculty. There is a huge playground outside this building and out of the corner of my eye I see what I thought was a big dog coming out of the playground area. Mistake--it was a baby cow (calf?). It was the sweetest little baby with brown spots! No one else on the sidewalk was paying this sight any attention. Is it normal for the baby cows to be kept with the human babies?? What other reason is there for a baby cow to be in a child's playground area at like 7:55AM?? I wanted to take a picture but since no one else even thought this event was notable, I decided to try and blend in and not whip out my camera.
After work I went on a walk and was reminded about one of the many things I should be excited about this weekend--THE CORTLAND WATER FESTIVAL! No joke, there will be water taste testing here in Cortland. You vote on which water tastes the best. Never a dull moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment