A few weeks ago I saw a poster for a Roller Derby in Cortland and I have been eagerly awaiting this event ever since! I had never been to a roller derby before and was not even really sure what to expect. The theme was "Red, White and Bruise". I went with my friend Jared and we were given little American flags to waive as the girls skated. The skaters all had hilarious names like Mandi Tori Chaos, Evil Lucian, Criminal Miss Chief, Motley Bruise Her, etc. We knew we were in for a good time!
It was Cortland vs. Oswego, Oswego is in the light blue and light green..
Cortland was in purple.
After learning about blockers, jammers, lead jammers, and penalties the roller derby began! It was sooooooo fun to watch, and the crowd watching was equally as entertaining.
Unfortunately, Oswego destroyed Cortland and beat us by close to 60 points. It was still a really fun way to spend my first day off in 2 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment