Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tonight was the DAIRY PARADE in Cortland!! I actually first learned of the dairy parade back in Athens when I was looking on the Cortland city website with my friend Maggie. I knew I had to attend and the day finally came, and boy it did NOT disappoint! 

First, we had to get there an hour early just to get seats (these people are serious about celebrating the dairy industry). People were walking up and down Main Street with these shopping carts full of random things to buy!! They were completely unrelated to dairy. 


Then the parade began!



They threw out free cheese and milk cartons! This is Jenna and Jared with their fancy cheese :) 


Note that the cow below has his bootay wayyyy up in the air!


These guys were riding around on MOTORIZED COOLERS!!! Now, you may be wondering, what does that have to do with dairy??? Answer- absolutely nothing. Pretty much any and everyone who wanted to could be in this parade, so the cooler-riders joined in! Maybe they keep milk in their coolers..


HIGHLIGHT OF MY ENTIRE TRIP!! I ASKED TO TAKE A PICTURE WITH THE COOLER RIDERS AND THEY LET ME GET ON THEIR COOLER INSTEAD!!!! Epic. 

Second memorable moment of the parade, soon after this picture was taken a lovely 15-year old called out from his parade float how much he liked my boots. Hilarity ensued.


A quirky mix of floats for sure. 


Note the Birkenstocks this cow is wearing. Cortland keeps it classy, as per usual!


Abby's son Owen with his free milk at the dairy parade!



What a great night in Cortland!

No comments:

Post a Comment